Jasmine Jitterbug CD, The Swing Shifters
Pittsburgh’s swingingest acoustic band-features many originals by Tom and the rest of the band
Leslie Clark, Deborah Brooks, vocals; John Obremski, guitar; Tom Cunningham, mandolin and guitar; Charles May, violin; Dave Yates, bass.
Recorded 1998 at Pittsburgh Sound Productions
“Put on your dancing shoes!
One of Pittsburgh’s premier retro, swing dance bands….showcases the engaging instrumentals and vocals the band is known for.
Highlights are John Obremski’s vocals with their tantalizing mixture of grain and velvet and his churning rhythm guitar that drives the band, Tom Cunningham’s off-kilter songwriting and the voices and pop harmonies of Leslie Clark and Deborah Brooks.
What’s most surprising, in all of this, is the depth of the songwriting. ‘Late Night Waltz’ is a gentle invitation to be part of the unfolding mysteries of the heart and nature.”-Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
1. Choo Choo Ch’Boogie (Horton, Darling, Gabler)
2. I Wish That I Was Back In Cincinnati (Cunningham)
3. Here I Go (Brooks)
4. Rock-A-Bye, Baby, Rock (Obremski)
5. Pelagia’s Lament (Cunningham)
6. Fifth Avenue Strut (Tom & Sue Cunningham)
7. The Ballad Of Dr. X (Cunningham)
8. Jamsine Jitterbug (Cunningham)
9. Arches (Cunningham, May)
10. Rock This Town (Setzer)
11. Moondance (Van Morrison)
12. Take The “A” Train (Strayhorn, The Delta Rhythm Boys)
13. Late Night Waltz (Brooks)